2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Home on the range....

Took my old friend Tom and his wife out shooting this past weekend at another friend's place down in Orient, Ohio that I have posted about before.  Tom and I were in the National Guard for years and years together.  I posted back in July about helping him get a M1 Garand from the CMP store at Camp Perry.  He had not gotten a chance to fire it yet, but still came well equipped with everything a rifleman would of had during WW2 for it....he is a WWII buff to say the least!


Also, his wife got a chance to fire her new LC9....ONCE!  After the first round the firing pin went MIA out of the pistol!!  I offered to get it fixed for them since I am their "gun guy" so I am now awaiting Ruger to have a UPS box sent to me to ship it to them in.  Weird malfunction that...the only thing I can think is a roll pin either failed or was never installed that allowed it to come out the back of the pistol when it was at full recoil. Remember kids, always wear safety glasses!

The mystery of the missing firing pin...Rut Roh!

Another weird malfunction happened with my Springfield M1A I had out.  Gave it to Tom and after the first shot the weapon didn't cycle and the op rod appeared to be stuck!  Gave it a quick smack and the op rod popped right off the side!! WTH!! Well, what happened was that we had the rifle laying their with the action open and bold locked back and a .22 case from another rifle had flown over and gone in the stock relief where the op rod fits along the side of the stock and caused the error.  Wow, that was strange!

Of course I got pics!

A view of some of the items on our firepower buffet for the afternoon.....


Tom Getting ready for the first shots with the M1...

Really concentrating....

the results.... not bad...

my results with my own M1...keep in mind I have been shooting mine for a couple of years now....

Here's a vid of those first shots....

Tom shooting a Mauser K98 (nice all matching with no import marks...wartime bring back)

Tom getting ready to go with my '44 Winchester M1 Carbine...he loved this gun...

His wife getting a little time in with a .22 in preparation for "the big stuff"..she shoots lefty like me!

Tom getting ready to pass part of "the big stuff" off to his wife...in this case my AR...


And she shoots it like a boss!



All in all a great and safe time was had by all!!  Just remember with all of this hype going around about how bad guns are and how they make you turn into a homicidal maniac that nobody was killed this day.  I should point out a disclaimer that neither Tom, I nor his wife play in the NFL.

1 comment:

DarrenS said...

Tom's getting ready to put a round through the picnic table with that M1 Carbine! ;-)