2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

CTD Gouging....

Here is an order I placed with Cheaper Than Dirt on 11/25...notice the price of the mags at the bottom....

And here is the same item today..


If this was a comparable mark up in gasoline there would be riots in the streets and congress up in arms... This is gouging plain and simple, a ban on the sale or manufacture of these items is not even on the table (yet).  Yeah, I suppose supply and demand play a certain portion of the price increase but not 550% in a month!!  Ammo prices have similarly increased as well!!

And here is the real kicker, the same items (magazines and ammo) for the feared "AK-47" that the media traditionally likes to report on are the same price!!  This is all because the "Bushmaster AR assault rifle" was used in the Connecticut shootings and that is what all the press is enamored with right now.

Right now the 'net is ablaze with reaction to not only CTD's suspension of firearm sales but this gouging also. I for one will no longer patronize them.  I wonder who they think is buying there wares after all, little old ladies in knitting circles?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that ad...was for 4 P-mags

Huey said...

It it is I..,,and a whole lot of other folks....missed that detail

Constitutional Insurgent said...

I decided to stock up on a few more PMAGs today as well. I don't think I saw the CTD price....but I saw a lot of "Sold Outs".

I finally picked up a few at a moderate price from The-Armory.com.

Tough times ahead.....

ASM826 said...

The mags you currently own, what would you sell them for today? I wouldn't sell them for $100 each. Would you? This is purely supply and demand. The demand is insane. AR mags, parts, and rifles are the Precious at the moment. Seems like an easy decision to price them any way they like. If the market isn't interested, they will have inventory.

Ret Redhat said...

Gunbroker.com auctions on AR magz are out of sight also. It is a sellers market now as much with demand for mags as high as I have ever seen it

Joe said...

Try MidwayUSA.com. They are in Missuri. I ordered a couple 30 rounders from them and are still at normal pricing. They are limiting orders to just two per order tho, and are on back order....but hey sure beats CTD price gouging