2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, December 14, 2012

Conn. School Shootings...

As of now, 26+ dead, including 18 children...a tragedy.

First off, the horror I feel about the mere thought of children being gunned down like has happened today, let alone the actuality of it, sickens me to no end.  I am sure many parents will anguish with gifts under the tree that will never be opened due to the savagery of one persons actions.  The season is ruined for many people.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by this act of madness.

No child should have to endure this....
Still, even now as information is just coming out about the shooting the normal voices of rhetoric are already being heard from both sides in regards to this tragedy.  I see a vast array of pro-gun posts on Facebook along with the tendrils of the anti-gun media looking to exploit anything they can to vilify firearms.  I am too pissed now to start spouting anything specific, lets just settle for the fact that I still believe that simply banning all guns will not make this type of problem go away.

Still, being a host of pro-2A blog you feel compelled to say something in times like this when firearms are used for such evil purposes.  I cannot defend what has happened, I condemn it.  Still I think it should be pointed out that even if you take weapons out of the equations, the sickness of the individual committing the crime remains.  I believe China just executed a guy that went to a school and knifed children to death, same intent, same result, different tools.  Still a sick fucking mind though....

Connecticut is a AWB state already with a waiting period for the purchase of firearms, and that with a license to purchase too I believe.  Yet still this tragedy happened.  This morning I had a piece post in regards to Armslist being sued by the Brady Campaign and I pointed out how the killer in that story traveled hundreds of miles to get the gun used in his crime.  Gun laws do not stop determined criminals, I am convinced of this fact.  The other day I posted about the shootings in Oregon and pointed out that maybe the  seasonal depression felt by many during the holiday season may help set off these individuals, maybe also often the notoriety does too.  Some sick individuals may be willing to sacrifice their lives in the commitment of a heinous act like this knowing that they life of obscurity will end in 15 minutes of infamy.  The shooters name has already been release, I will not list it here.

Still a lot of info being sifted through, maybe a second shooter, the shooter's mother worked at the school and both her and his father are dead too. The is a report that maybe an AR was used, Glock and Sig have already been given by name as weapons used in the attack.      I am sure that that piece of info was asked specifically by the press to some LEO agency, as if the name of the weapons used makes much difference to the victims or anybody else.  White House has declined to speak on the subject of gun control other to say that the president was "determined about an assault weapons ban"...and so it goes.

All in all, too sickened by the thought of kindergartners being gunned down by this animal to think straight.

Again, my prayers for the families.

No comments: