2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Caveat Emptor

You've probably heard that before, its Latin for "buyer beware"

Found a guys selling .45 ammo on gunlistings this week.  Prices were good and he had some Winchester Ranger +P HP ammo as well.  Good price on the range ammo but about list on the HP and the bulk Winchester white box he had.  Anyway, I said screw it and agreed to buy it all...

Met us this week.  Guy pulled up and saw some stickers on my truck, conversation then went more or less as follows...
him: so you were in the Army?
me: yeah, Army guard 21 years...and you?
him: I was a marine.
me: oh cool...what did you do?
him: I was in the adjutant office...but I didn't spend any time there, I was always out in the field blowing stuff up.....
Yep, because as I know from my admin training in the Army that demolitions is taught right between preparing a memo and non-judicial judgement sections of the course material...bet you got to work with some Recon unit too there Chesty....

Guy came with more ammo than I realized he had and ran me more money than I had budgeted but I said "what the hell" and just got it all (about 800 rounds, or so I thought).

Oh yeah, and the guy shorted me about half box of ammo too in the deal in one of the boxes of the Winchester Ranger, a handful of ball rounds were in the middle so the weight would not seem so much off.   No honor there Mr. J Head (and as not to disrespect marines I only use that term with marines I like or extremely dislike...this guy is the later at this point).  I emailed him with a pic (same below) saying "Thanks", don't expect a response and really don't want one either.  

No comments: