2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another "Movie + Gun = Panic" situation in Ohio...


I swear there must be something in our water supply here in the Buckeye state....

Remember a couple of months ago when a guy got caught carrying a CCW in a man bag in a theater up in Cleveland and found himself in trouble?  Well it happened again, this time a bit closer to home this time (at least for me)...


Man Who Allegedly Took Gun Into ‘Twilight’ Movie Removed By Police


Alright, you may start with the "If my girlfriend drug me to see Twilight I would bring a gun to shoot myself too" jokes at your convenience...


OK, enough joking.  Back to the issue at hand.  Dude, what the hell were you thinking?  First off, you were carrying where you were not supposed to be, which is against the law to begin with.  Yes, I know that there is probably a bevy of people at any given movie carrying "under the radar" for protection, and God knows (and most of you too) that I whole heartily support ones right to self defense in all situations; and think that the  banning of legally owned and licensed firearms for CCW in these establishments is ridiculous and does not prevent another Colorado type shooting....but.......  Dude, you took it out in public.  A firearm is one of two things in your pants you don't whip out while in public unless you really need to.   I think the guy had to go practice some low level bombing in the bathroom and didn't want to risk his pistol falling out of his pants or what not, but why in hell would you just pull it out in the theater and place it on a seat in "plain view" for others to see?  Even in a dark theater you would be surprised how well you (and others in this case) can see once your eyes get adjusted.

This theater is somewhat close to THE Ohio State University campus and also is near a relatively populated and upscale neighborhood (and liberal as well) as such gets fairly busy on the weekends and such and is usually crowded.  Its obvious to me that the guy meant no harm, hell he even brought his girlfriend (no, she brought him I bet) I cannot condone the guy (who has not been charged at this point) with carrying illegally, but for crying out loud man, one of the primary rules of CCW is to keep it hidden, hence the "Concealed" in CCW!

And I will admit....I went to see the last installment of the Twilight films with my family on opening day a few weeks ago..... The things you do for your family.  I am on "Team Alice" BTW...

2 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

Seriously, a gun is a WEAPON! It's not your cell phone or a wallet. It's a WEAPON. You don't display deadly weapons in public unless you are trying to stop someone from being killed.

Kevin Delaney said...

I'm on team Alice too. She looked hot!!!! Its funny you said that. Thats what i told Nickole when we were leaving the theater!