1. Each time you go you are now required to go over the range safety rules, no matter how many times you have shot there.
2. There is a "cease fire" line consisting of some engineer stakes and rope behind the rifle line that all persons must go if they declare a cease fire. A line for the pistol range is in the works.
This is all due to the sheer stupidity that Troy has had to put up with because of the bum rush on gun sales since Obama time. Hey, I am strongly for the right of all Americans to bear arms, but some people have no common sense. You wouldn't buy a car without learning how to drive, why would you think owning a firearm would be different. Some of the stories he related:
- People lock and loading and sighting in down range while others were still down there placing or pulling targets - bad
- Woman who never owned a weapon before went out and purchased a $2,000 AR style rifle and then proceeded to look down the barrel with her finger in the trigger guard, bolt forward and magazine in the weapon - really bad
- People trying to force the wrong sized ammo into their weapons because they bought "what was available" at Wally World instead of the correct type. - stupid
- People just being generally ignorant and rude to other - irritating
- An "expert" who has a NRA instructor certification is conducting a CCW class out there and bringing a bunch of students out there and tying up the ranges. He even makes them pay for their own range passes in addition to their class fee. Hey, I'm all for education, matter of fact this is what my rant is about, educating yourself before you own or carry, but come on, inconveniencing others at the expense of taxpayer money - obnoxious.
In more cheerful news, there are new benches installed that have plastic tops attached to the tables and seats. This should go a long way towards making shooting more enjoyable for everyone there. The benches were made by Boy Scout Troop 507, Good job scouts!!
Here I am zeroing in my AK from a few posts ago. Notice in addition to all of the black furniture I put on it, I have also acquired a UTG side mount rail for it and also am using a BSA red dot optic on it. I got the iron sights (Mojo brand rear aperture) and BSA zeroed in at 25 meters (battle zero range for 7.62x39 in an AK) and 100 meters, respectively.
Shooting the M91/30, big boom!